|1. Event name||CHIBA AQUALINE MARATHON 2020|
|2. Organizers||Chiba Prefecture, Chiba Board of Education|
|3. Co-Organizers||Kisarazu City, Sodegaura City, Kisarazu City Board of Education, Sodegaura City Board of Education, Association for the Promotion of Regional Development Utilizing Tokyo Bay Aqualine, Naka-Boso Tourism Promotion Network Association|
|4. Planning and Operation||Chiba Aqualine Marathon Planning Committee|
|5. Supervisor||Chiba Athletics Association|
|6. Operational Support||Kanto Para Athletics Association|
|7. Sponsors||Chiba Sports Association, Chiba Sports Promotion Committee; Chiba Chamber of Commerce and Industry; Chiba Federation of Commerce and Industry; Chiba Prefectural Federation of Small Business Associations; Chiba Economic Association; Chiba Federation of Executives; Chiba Association of Corporate Executives; Chiba Prefectural Tourism & Local Products Association; JA Chiba Chuokai; Chiba Fishery Cooperative Association; Chiba Bus Association; Chiba Association of Taxi; Chiba Medical Association; Chiba Nursing Association; NEXCO East Kanto Office; Chiba Nippo Co., Ltd.; Chiba Television Broadcasting Corporation; bayfm 78 Co., Ltd.; Kanto District Transport Bureau Chiba Transport Branch Office and Kanto Regional Development Bureau Chiba National Road Office in Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT)|
|8. Schedule||Sunday, October 18, 2020
9:55 a.m. Wheelchair half-marathon starts (if run on shortened substitute course, starts at 10:25 a.m.)
10:00 a.m. Marathon and half-marathon start (if run on shortened substitute course, starts at 10:30 a.m.)
11:05 a.m. Wheelchair half-marathon event finishes
1:10 p.m. Half-marathon event finishes
4:00 p.m. Marathon event finishes
Note: If the executive committee determines that the bridge section of the Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line is unusable due to strong winds or other adverse weather conditions, the shortened substitute course will be used for all events.
|9. Events, Maximum Numbers of Entrants and Time Limits||
・This is for people who enter as a team with between three and six members.
・Teams will be asked to provide a team name.
・Rankings will be based on the average net times of the top three participants on each team.
・The first, second and third place winners will receive recognition. (Please refer to section 14,“Awards”.)
Starting point: In front of Shiohama Park (Kisarazu City)
(2) Half-marathon, wheelchair half-marathon
Starting point: In front of Shiohama Park (Kisarazu City)
If the executive committee determines that the bridge section of the Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line is unusable due to strong winds or other adverse weather conditions, the shortened substitute course will be used for all events. In addition, the marathon will be changed to a three-quarters marathon of 31.646 km, and the half-marathon to a 10.2 km challenge run.
(1) Those born on or before April 1, 2002 who can finish the race within the time limit.
(2) Wheelchair half-marathon participation is limited to people in wheelchairs designed for racing. People who have no disabilities are not permitted to apply.
(3) Competitors who want to enter the marathon or half-marathon but cannot run the race alone due to a disability may have a companion (caregiver) run with them. You must arrange your own companion. Please note that guide dogs will not be allowed.
|12. Participation fee||
(1) Marathon 13,500 yen
(2) Half-marathon: 10,500 yen
(3) Wheelchair half-marathon: 10,500 yen
|13. Charity programs||
Charity initiatives will be conducted as part of community service efforts and to provide aid for
recovery and rebuilding following torrential rains and Typhoons 15 and 19.
(1) How to participate
1) Runner-sponsored charity
2) Cheer Up bracket (first sixty entries)
(2) Donation recipients
Ａ. These three organizations (40 Cheer Up bracket and runner-sponsored charity)
a. Japanese Red Cross Society, Chiba branch
b. Japanese Para-Sports Association
c. Chiba Educational Promotion Foundation (Chiba Sports Promotion Fund)
Ｂ. Chiba Prefecture (20 Cheer Up bracket)
1. Cheer Up bracket: Please choose either A or B as your donation recipient.
・The total sum of all donations (excluding necessary expenses) collected from participants who selected A and all runner-sponsored charity donations will be given to the above three organizations in equal amounts.
・The sum of all donations (excluding necessary expenses) collected from participants who selected B will be given to the Chiba prefectural government. The donations will be used for recovery and rebuilding efforts related to torrential rains and Typhoons 15 and 19.
2. Cheer up bracket participants with a certification from the above donation recipients receive preferential treatment under the tax system.
3. Runners who participate in charity efforts will receive an original marathon whistle equipped with a light along with their bib number before the race.Please assent to the above details when applying.
1) The first- to eighth-place male and female finishers will be commemorated.
1) The first- to eighth-place male and female finishers will be commemorated.
(3) Wheelchair half-marathon
|15. Competition Rules and Points to Note||
(1) All races will be conducted according to 2020 Japan Association of Athletics Federations rules of
competition and the competition rules of this event
|16. Checkpoint restrictions||
Checkpoints will be shut down at scheduled times if required because of traffic, security and event operations. Additionally, runners who are particularly far behind will be asked to stop competing, even in places other than checkpoints.
|17. Aid stations||
Aid stations will be set up as follows to provide first aid measures in case of injuries, illness or other mishaps.
1. There will be mobile AED and basic life support teams along the routes, as well as doctors who are runners.
2. Aid station locations may be subject to change.
|18. Health management||
・Participants are responsible for managing their own health and undergoing a health checkup
beforehand from a physician.
|19. General entry signup timing||
(1) Signup period
From noon on April 3 (Fri.) to 5 p.m. on May 7 (Thu.), 2020
(2) Application categories
1) Marathon and half-marathon
(I) Individual entries
(II) Pair entries (two people)
(III) Team competition entries (three to six people) * Only for the marathon
2) Wheelchair marathonNote: There will be a free parking area available exclusively for participants.
(3) How to apply
Anyone who fulfills the participation requirements in section 11 can apply.
Applications must be submitted via the Internet to the following site:
RUNNET running portal
Points to note regarding pair and team competition entries:
・Representatives must obtain consent from all team members.
・Representatives should apply after first checking the registration data of all team members.
・All team members are to apply for the same category.
・Runner-sponsored charity applications are to be for choices made by all team members.
・Success or failure in the lottery applies to the team as a whole.
(4) Decisions regarding participation・If the number of applications exceeds the number of slots available, a lottery will be conducted.
・ In case of a lottery, please check “My page, Entry history” on RUNNET for the results.
・For pair and team entries in case of a lottery, please check your team representative’s “My page, Entry history” on RUNNET for the results. Note: Lottery result announcements are tentatively scheduled for on or after May 29, 2020
(5) How to pay
|20. Special bracket details, slots and signup periods||
|21. Applications (overall)||
(1) How to apply
Applications are submitted via the Internet. Please access the pages for general and special entry brackets via the event’s official website (https://chiba-aqualine-marathon.com/).
Note: The deadline for some categories is determined by how many applications are received, so we recommend that you register ASAP on RUNNET (https://runnet.jp).
General entry bracket Signup period: Noon, April 3 (Fri.) to 5 p.m., May 7 (Thu.)
Note: A lottery will be held if the number of applications exceeds the number of slots available.
Special entry brackets
RUNNET information form URL:https://runnet.jp/help/contact/(inquiries are accepted at any time)
Hours: Weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed weekends and holidays)
・ Successful applicants should pay the entry fee and the amount designated for the bracket they applied for by the designated dates, using the designated methods.
・ Successful entries will be invalidated if no payment is made. You may incur handling fees depending on the payment method.
|22. Flow from application to race participation||
(1) Applications commence
Noon, Friday, April 3, 2020
(2) Application deadline
5 p.m., Thursday May 7, 2020
Note: The deadlines differ for the ① athlete runner, ③ cheer up, ⑤ accommodation plan, and ⑩ smile brackets. (Please refer to section 20 for special bracket details, slots and signup periods.)
(3) Lottery results announcements
・Scheduled for Friday, May 29, 2020 or after
・Please check “My page, Entry history” on RUNNET for the lottery results.
・Successful applicants will be sent payment instructions via email.
・If the number of people who have paid does not equal the number of slots available after the payment deadline has passed, another lottery for unsuccessful applicants may be held.
Successful applicants will be notified of their status.
(4) Entry fee payment
・Please pay by the designated date.
(5) Information about participation
・Information will be posted on the official marathon website in early October.
(6) Sign in for participants
Entries within Japan
・There is no check-in procedure on the day before or the day of the race.
・Your bib number will be sent to you in early October, so there will be no check-in on the day of the race.
Participants from overseas
※ You must check in on the day before the race at the hospitality counter.
Information about where the check-in counter is located will be provided on the official marathon website and in emails addressed to individuals.
(7) Marathon date
Sunday, October 18, 2020
|23. International interaction||This marathon is held in conjunction with marathons held in Taiwan. We plan to send a few
runners who complete the race to marathons in Taiwan.
Note: Following the 2018 marathon, we sent three runners to the Taoyuan half-marathon, two to the Taipei Marathon, and three to the Kaohsiung International Marathon.
|24. Handling of personal information||
(1) The organizers recognize the importance of safeguarding personal information, comply with the
law regarding protection of personal information and related laws, and handle personal
information in accordance with their personal information protection guidelines. The personal
information provided is used to improve services provided to people entering the marathon,
provide information about participation, notify people about their records and relevant
information, and provide services from sponsors and cooperating and affiliated organizations.
Additionally, the organizers or contractors of the organizer may contact people to confirm the
details of their applications.
(2) Television, newspaper, magazine, Internet and other publication rights and portrait rights pertaining to images, photos, articles and the names, ages, addresses (names of countries, prefectures, and municipalities) and such of marathon entries belong to the organizers.
|25. Chiba Aqualine marathon application terms and points to note regarding applications (please be sure to read this)||
Participants must agree to the following terms when applying:
(1) Cancellations or refunds based on personal circumstances are not permitted after payment has been made.
(2) Participation will be revoked in cases of misrepresentation of such things as the participant’s age, gender and/or records or participation by anyone other than the applicants themselves (fraudulent participation).
(3) No refunds of the entry fee or other payments will be made whatsoever in case of cancellation due to such things as earthquakes, wind and flood damage, strong winds, snowfall, incidents, accidents or contagious diseases.
(4) Excess or duplicate payments will not be refunded.
(5) The organizers will handle all personal information gathered from participants in compliance with the laws protecting personal information.
(6) Please be aware that duplicate applications submitted by the same person for the marathon and half-marathon—as well as for individual and pair or team competition entries—will result in rejection of said applications.
(7) Please notify individual contacts in case of changes to registration content during the signup period. (8) Applications cannot be canceled during the signup period.
(9) Changes to application and/or registration content, the number of participants in team competition entries or cancellations will not be permitted after the signup period concludes.
The office may contact participants via the email addresses they provided or via phone to the phone numbers they provided about issues related to application or registration contents.
(10) Please be advised that the organizing committee office is unable to take questions regarding the status of applications or lottery results by phone.
(11) About lottery results
1) Please check “My page, Entry history” on RUNNET.
Successful applicants will receive an email with payment instructions after May 29, 2020.
1. System charges for settlement via the Internet (a total of 5.5 percent of the amount) are to be paid by the applicants. (Separate transfer fees may also be incurred depending on the method of payment.)
2. In the case of successful team applications, the representatives should pay the total amount of fees for all members.
3. Nonpayment will result in the cancellation of the application.
2) If the number of people who have paid does not add up to the number of slots available after the payment deadline has passed, another lottery for unsuccessful applicants may be held, and the successful applicants will be notified of their status.
Please be advised that we will not be able to double-check whether notices have arrived due to incorrect registered email addresses or contact information.
(12) The marathon does not permit runner substitutions or the transfer of rights. You will be disqualified if such conduct is confirmed.
The organizers will provide no compensation or refunds whatsoever in such instances.
(13) The organizers bear no responsibility whatsoever for applications delayed due to faulty Internet connections.
(14) You may not be able to apply due to the device, OS or browser software you use.
(15) The following information are required to provide when applying:
Name, gender, date of birth, nationality, address (mailing address), phone number (daytime contact number), email address, previous participation experience in the application category (event name, record and so on), target time, companion runner if any (and reason you need one if there is one), and emergency contact information (name, relationship, phone numbers)
(1) There will be no refunds of such things as entry fees if the marathon is canceled for reasons not
attributable to the organizers.
(2) A baggage storage area will be provided. Bags stored for half-marathon participants will be transported to the half-marathon finish line location at Ushigome Coast and returned there.
(3) The organizers will bear no responsibility for delays due to such things as public transportation or road conditions.
(4) Wearing items with or displaying designs, trademarks or such that signify company or product names for the purposes of advertising is not permitted at the marathon venue (including routes).
(5) The organizers may subcontract sales of photos and such to approved organizations.
(6) Participating in the marathon in costumes that endanger health or that the organizers deem the equivalent of such is not permitted.
(7) Receipts will not be issued for entry fees and other payments. Bank transfer slips will serve as substitutes for receipts.
(8) In addition to the preceding, please follow the organizers’ instructions with regard to matters pertaining to the marathon.
|27. For more information about the event:||
Chiba Aqualine Marathon executive committee office
Phone：043-223-4107 / Hours: Weekdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed weekends and holidays)
|Routes (two-dimensional map)||
|Transportation modes to the venue||
20-minute walk from JR Boso Line Kisarazu Station
When using JR lines: 60 minutes by express and 80 minutes by semi-express from Tokyo Station to Kisarazu Station
When using intercity buses: 60 minutes from Tokyo to Kisarazu
※ Buses do not operate while Tokyo Bay Aqualine traffic restrictions are in place from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the day of the event.