*Please note that the original of the Application Guideline shall be in Japanese, with this English translation serving as reference.
1.Application Guidelines <Japanese>
|Date||Sunday, October 23, 2016|
|Events, Maximum Number of Participants, Start Time, Time Limit||
*Time Limit is counted from the starting pistol.
|Participation Fee||1) Marathon JPY12,500
2) Half-marathon JPY 9,500
3) Wheelchair Half-marathon JPY 9,500
2.For General Runners – How to Apply, Application Period
Marathon, Half-marathon, Wheelchair Half-marathon
|How to Apply||Payment||Selection of Participants||Application Period|
|Internet||Credit card or Convenience store payment (for payment in Japan only)||Participants will be selected by lottery if there are a large number of applications.||Tuesday, April 5 at 12:00PM to Tuesday, April 26 at 5:00PM|
3.Special Divisions – How to Apply, Application Period
|Eligibility, content of the division||Applicants of non-Japanese nationality|
|How to Apply||Internet (through the official entry site)
*Payment settlement of the participation fee is required at the application completion.
|Maximum Number of Participants||150
*First-come, first-served basis.
|Application Period||Entry closed|
・International Division is Indivisual Entry only.
・Those applying as a group of over 30 members through travel agencies are requested to contact the organizer by e-mail in advance.
・It is possible that number cards may not be mailed overseas; in that case, they may be sent to an address in Japan or be picked up the day before or the day of the marathon (subject to change).
|Eligibility, content of the division||Accommodation plan includes a hotel in Chiba Prefecture and guaranteed entry to the marathon / Half-marathon.|
|How to Apply||Please refer to the information released separately by the commissioned agency.|
|Maximum Number of Participants||1,000
*First-come, first-served basis.
|Application Period||Please refer to the information released separately by the commissioned agency.|
|Notes||Participation fee is inclusive in the package price.|
*The other divisions such as Athlete Runner Division (for runners with faster finish times), charity divisions, etc. are described in detail on the Japanese Guideline.
4.Procedures after selection of runners
- （１）For runners residing in Japan, number cards are scheduled to be delivered by post in early October. There is no runner registration procedure on the day before the event or the day of the event.
- （２）There is no runner registration desk for delivering number cards on the day of the event except for participants not residing in Japan.
- （３）There will be a space for participants’ bags and personal items (free of charge). Half-marathon participants’ belongings will be delivered to the half-marathon finish point.
- （４）The organizers will supply water, sports drinks and food including special local products at fluid/food stations.
- （５）Finishers will receive a finisher’s certificate showing their time and a medal of completion on the day of the event.
- （６）The top finishers will receive an award certificate as well as a supplementary prize from official sponsors.
5.Important Notes for Participants
- （１）The organizers are not responsible for lateness due to public transport or traffic conditions.
- （２）Displaying designs that signify a business name or product name at the marathon venue (including on the course) for advertising purposes is prohibited.
- （３）Costumes that are deemed by the organizers to be potentially harmful to the body are prohibited. If participants wear inappropriate costumes, they are automatically disqualified.
- （４）Participation will be canceled if any false declarations regarding gender/age/records, etc. are made or if a person other than the applicant is participating (illegal/wrongful participation).
- （５）Photos, etc. may be sold on commission with the approval of the organizers.
6.Policies on handling of personal information
- （１）The organizers will protect personal information in accordance with laws and regulations related to the protection of privacy and based on the organizers’ privacy policies. Personal information will be used to provide participation notices, record notifications, notifications of related information, and notices of services from organizations that are participating, cooperating, or related to this marathon event.
- （２）The organizers own all publishing and publicity rights regarding video footage, photos, articles, applicants’ names/ age/ address (name of country, prefecture or ward/ municipality), etc. via media such as television, newspapers, magazines, the Internet, etc.
- （３）Participants may also be contacted by the organizers or commissioned organizations regarding the content of a submitted application.
7.Notes for Participant Registration
- （１）The organizers are not responsible for any late applications due to Internet connectivity failures etc.
- （２）Participants may experience difficulties in applying online depending on the user’s computer, operating system, or browser software.
- （３）The following information will be required when applying: name, gender, date of birth, nationality, address, telephone number (daytime; mobile phone is also acceptable), E-mail address, number of times the runner has participated in a marathon/half-marathon (whichever the runner is applying for), estimated time, whether or not the applicant will be running with a co-runner, and emergency contact (name, telephone number, relationship to runner).
- （４）Multiple applications by the same person to the marathon or half-marathon, or to the Individual or Pair Entry, will be disqualified.
- （５）Draw Result (for General runner)
①Please check the “My Page”* section on each internet entry site. Successful participants will be notified regarding the method of payment by e-mail between May 20-25. *The term might be named differently on each site.
②If there is no payment made by selected participants by the set date, the selection will be cancelled.
③After the payment period, if there are spaces available, unsuccessful applications may be placed in a second drawing. Information regarding a second drawing will be released on the official website as soon as it is decided.
④Please note that the organizers are not responsible for any notifications that fail to reach the applicant due to incorrect or insufficient entry.
- （６）Receipts cannot be issued for participation fee payments. In case of payment by credit cards, please use the account statement or invoice issued by your credit card company. In case of payment at convenience stores, please regard the customer receipts as the replacement for receipts.
- （７）Participation fees will not be refunded in the following 4 situations:
①If the marathon is cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers such as earthquake, storm, flood disaster, strong wind, snow, accidents, infectious diseases, etc.
②Cancellations due to personal reasons after the application has been submitted.
③Multiple or over-payments
④If any false declarations regarding gender/age/records etc. are made or if a person other than the applicant is participating (illegal/wrongful participation).
- （８）The Planning Committee Office cannot respond to enquiries regarding the state of applications or draw results.
- （９）Regarding any matters other than the aforementioned terms and conditions, please comply with instructions given by the event organizers.
- （10）Important information for all applicants/participants will be released on the official website.
- （11）Any additional information needed to implement these guidelines shall be specified separately by the Planning Committee Office.
- （12）Applicants/participants must consent to all the above-mentioned matters in these guidelines before applying.
Chiba Aqualine Marathon Planning Committee
Ichiba-cho 1-1, Chuo-ku, Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, Postal Code 260-8662
Official website: https://chiba-aqualine-marathon.com/2016/
Reference: Schedule from Application Process to Event Day(for General Runners)
|General Entry (Individual / Pair)||Special Divisions|
|Application entry opens||Tuesday, April 5||Refer to the descriptions in section 3|
|Application entry closes||Tuesday, April 26|
|Draw results released||After Friday, May 20|
|Participation Fee payment||By set date|
|Sending number cards, etc.||Early October|
|Event day||Sunday, October 23, 2016|