|1. Race Name||Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2018|
|2. Organizer||Chiba Prefecture, Chiba Prefectural Board of Education|
|3. Co-organizers||Kisarazu City, Sodegaura City, Kisarazu City Board of Education, Sodegaura City Board of Education, Association for the Promotion of Regional Development Utilizing Tokyo Bay Aqualine, Naka-Boso Tourism Promotion Network Association|
|4. Planning and Operation||Chiba Aqualine Marathon Executive Committee|
|5. Management||Chiba Athletics Association|
|6. Operational Support||Kanto Para Athletics Association|
|7. Sponsors||Chiba Physical Education Association, Chiba Sports Promotion Committee, Chiba Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Chiba Federation of Commerce and Industry, Chiba Federation of Small and Medium Enterprises, Chiba Economic Association, Chiba Federation of Executives, Chiba Association of Corporate Executives, Chiba Prefectural Tourism & Local Products Association, Chiba Agriculture Cooperative Association (JA Chiba), Chiba Fishery Cooperative Association, Chiba Prefectural Bus Association, Chiba Prefectural Taxi Association, Chiba Medical Association, Chiba Nursing Association, East Japan Highway Corporation Kanto Branch Office, Chiba Nippo, Inc., Chiba Television Broadcasting Inc., Bay FM Inc., Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism Kanto District Transport Bureau Chiba Office, Transport and Tourism Kanto District Transport Bureau Kanto Regional Development Bureau Chiba National Highway Office.|
|8. TV Broadcast||(under consideration)|
|9. Date and Time||
Sunday, October 21, 2018
9:55 Start (Wheelchair Half Marathon) (*in case of shortened race, will start at 10:25)
10:00 Start (Marathon & Half Marathon together) (*in case of shortened race, will start at 10:30)
11:00 End of Wheelchair Half Marathon race
13:10 End of Half Marathon race
16:00 End of Marathon race
*In case the Executive Committee decides that the bridge section of the Aqualine cannot be used due to strong wind, etc., shortened race
using only ordinary roads will be implemented.
|10. Events, Capacity, Time Limit||
・ This competition targets group participants consisting of 3-6 people each group.
・ The average net time of the top 3 people in the team will be used to rank the competing teams.
・ Participants can attach their team names.
・ The top 3 teams will be awarded (see point 15 on awards.)
Start: Shiohama Park (Kisarazu City)
Finish: Former Kisarazu City Hall
(2). Half Marathon and Wheelchair Half Marathon
Start: Shiohama park (Kisarazu City)
Finish: Ushigome Coast
*For all events, in case the Executive Committee decides that the bridge section of Aqualine cannot be used due to strong wind, etc., shortened races using only ordinary roads will be implemented so that the Marathon event will be changed to a Three-quarter Marathon (31.646 km), and Half Marathon will be changed to Challenge Run (10.2 km).
|12. Eligibility for Entry||
(1) For those who were born before April 1, 2000, able to finish marathon in 5 hours and 40 minutes, or half marathon in 2 hours and 50 minutes, or wheelchair half marathon in 1 hour.
(2) Wheelchair Half Marathon can only be run using race-specification wheelchair models and is limited to participants with disabilities.
(3) Participants who cannot viably run alone may be accompanied by one co-runner (accompanying person). However, the participant is responsible for the arrangement of the co-runner. Guide dogs are not allowed.
(1) Marathon 12,500 JPY
(2) Half Marathon 9,500 JPY
(3) Wheelchair Half Marathon 9,500 JPY
|14. Charity Program||
Charity programs will be implemented for social contribution.
(1) How to Participate
1. Runner Charity
Choose a charity preference when applying. A 500-JPY charity fee will be charged separately from the participation fee.
2. Special Charity Frame (limited to 20, first-come-first-served basis)
Those who donate 100,000 JPY will be able to participate free of charge (including an optional special charity frame at the time of application).
(2) Donation Destination
The donations, excluding required expenses, will be distributed equally to the following organizations:
1. Japanese Red Cross Society Chiba Prefecture Branch
2. Japanese Para-Sports Association
3. All Japan High School Athletic Federation (Special Donation for 2020 Inter High)
・ Donators will be given an “Original Race Silicon Band” along with a number card.
・ Runners who register as a pair or a group and wish to donate, will be considered to participate as a whole.
・ Runners who participate in the special charity event can receive tax incentives based on the proof of the donation to the above recipients.
・ Please apply after agreeing to the above conditions.
1. Top 8 finishers overall (male and female respectively) will be awarded.
(2) Half Marathon
1. Top 3 finishers overall (male and female respectively) will be awarded.
(3) Wheelchair Half Marathon
Top 3 finishers overall (male and female respectively.
(1) Based on the 2018 Competition Rules of Japan Association of Athletics Federations and the regulations of this event.
(2) Organizer may cancel the event or change the course due to strong wind, unexpected accidents, natural disaster, or other cause.
(3) For the safety of participants, the organizer will set up checkpoint closure times, first aid stations, and water supply stations.
(4) During the race, participants shall obey the instructions from the referees and other relevant conference operators.
|17. Checkpoint Closures||
The organizer will set checkpoint closures and security measures during the event.
The race will be stopped if checkpoint closures are delayed significantly.
|18. First-aid Stations||
The following first-aid stations will be available to provide medical assistance in case of injuries or accidents.
・ Locations of first-aid stations may be changed.
|19. Health Management||
・ Participants should manage their health at their own responsibility, and it is recommended to take a medical examination beforehand.
・ The organizer is not responsible for any injuries or accidents during the race, except for emergency measures.
・ The course is quite challenging, and it is recommended that participants engage in sufficient training prior to the race. In particular, please pay attention on the upward slope after passing 33-km distance. Please check “Course Slope Map” located below the Course Map.
|20. Recruitment, Application, Classification, etc. for General Runners||
(1) Recruitment Period
From April 13 (Fri.) to May 8, 2018 (Tue) 5 pm.
(2) Application Classification
Anybody who satisfies the conditions set at “Point 12. Eligibility for Entry” can apply
1. Marathon and Half Marathon
(II) Pair Entry (2 people)
(III) Group Competition Entry (3-6 people) *only for Marathon
2. Wheelchair Half Marathon
*The organizer will prepare a special parking lot for participants of this category
(3) Application Method
Application can be done by internet
Sports Event Website 「“SPORTS ENTRY”」
[Notes: About pair and group battle entries]
・ Group representative should obtain approval from all group members.
・ Group representative should confirm registration information of all group members before applying.
・ All group members must apply for the same event.
・ Charity application must be selected by all group members.
・ Selection will be for the whole group.
・ For selection by raffle, group representative should confirm the raffle result from the <Entry Status Confirmation> located at My Page section of Sports Entry website (scheduled result announcement: June 1, 2018)
・ Application of pair or group entry is only available in Japanese.
(4) Participant Decision
・ If there is a large number of applications, the organizer will decide participations by raffle.
・ For selection by raffle, group representative should confirm the raffle result from the <Entry Status Confirmation> located at My Page section of Sports Entry website (scheduled result announcement: June 1, 2018) (5) Payment Method
Credit card or convenience store payment
|21. Contents, capacity and recruitment for Special Runners||
|22. Application (General)||
(1) How to apply
Application will be accepted through the internet. Please apply through the following URL.
*Since there are categories with first-come-first-served system, we recommend runners to complete user registration on Sports Entry application website beforehand.
(General Runners)*for Accommodation Plan Frame, Local Four Cities Furusato Tax Frame, Chiba Sports Promotion Fund Frame, Regional Development Frame, and Post-Disaster Reconstruction Support Frame, please contact the following recruitment agencies.
・ Selected applicants should pay the entry fee and additional fees within the designated period.
・ Selection will be canceled if payment is not made. Transfer fee, etc. may be required depending on the payment method.
|23. From application to race participation||
(1) Start of application
April 13, 2018 (Fri.) noon
(2) Application deadline
May 8, 2018 (Tue.) 5 pm
* Athlete Runner Frame: April 17, 2018 (Tue.) 5 pm
* Special Charity Frame: June 8, 2018 (Fri.) 5 pm
(3) Announcement of Raffle Result
・ Scheduled on June 1, 2018 (Fri.)
・ Please confirm the raffle result from the
of Sports Entry website. We will also send payment information to raffle winners by email.
(4) Participation Fee
・ Please pay the fee by the specified deadline.
(5) Information on Participation
・ Will be posted on the event’s official website in early October.
(6) Reception of Participants
・ Participants do not need to go through any reception procedures on the day before or during the race.
・ Number cards are scheduled to be sent beforehand in early October. They will not be handed out on the day of the race.
*reception will only be accepted for overseas participants.
(7) Race date
October 21, 2018 (Sun.)
|24. International Exchange||A small number of runners who finish this race may be dispatched to overseas marathon races (Taipei Marathon, Kaohsiung International Marathon).|
|25. Handling of Personal Information||
(1) We understand the importance of personal information, observe the law on the protection of personal information and related regulations, and handle personal information based on the organizer's personal information protection policy. For the purpose of improving the service to applicants, we will use the personal information for participation guidance, record notification, notice of related information, and to provide services from our sponsors, collaborators, and affiliated organizations.
In addition, the organizer or service providers may contact the applicant to confirm the details of application.
(2) Placement and portrait rights on videos, images, reports, the names, ages, addresses (country, prefecture, city, municipality names), etc. of the participants for TV, newspapers, magazines, internet, etc. belong to the organizer.
|26. Rules and important notes on application to Chiba Aqualine Marathon [Please read thoroughly]||
By applying, participants agree to the following terms.
(1) Entry fee will not be returned if the registration is cancelled by the applicant.
(2) Participation will be cancelled in case of falsified information on age, gender, record, etc., or if another person runs in place of the applicant.
(3) Entry fee will not be refunded if the race was cancelled due to natural disaster such as earthquake, storm, flood, snow, accidents, contagious disease, or other incidents beyond the control of the event organizer.
(4) No refund will be made for overpayment and/or duplicated payments.
(5) The organizer shall comply with laws and regulations for the protection of personal information and carefully handle participants’ personal information.
(6) Please be aware that duplicated application to the marathon and half marathon by the same person and duplicated application in individual entry and pair entry / group battle entry (application) will be disqualified.
(7) If there are any changes to the application during the entry period, please inform the Sport Entry Customer Support Centre.
(8) Should you need to cancel your participation during the entry period, please do so from <Entry Status Confirmation> located at My Page section of Sports Entry website.
(9) No entries or changes to existing entries can be performed after the entry period. Participants may be contacted or e-mailed if there are any problems with the application.
(10) Please be advised that the organizer is unable to respond on questions about entry status or raffle results by phone.
(11) Regarding raffle result (scheduled to be announced on June 1, 2018) 1. Please check from <Entry Status Confirmation> located at My Page section of Sports Entry website. We will also send payment information to raffle winners by email on June 1, 2018 or later.
*A system usage fee (5% of the total amount) required at the time of payment on the internet will be charged to the applicant. (Depending on the selection of payment method, transfer fee may be charged separately) *Selected group participants must collectively pay the total amount for the number of people in the group.
2. If the total number of payee does not reach the capacity, the organizer may draw another round of raffle and notify the winners.
3. Please be advised that we will not reconfirm about the non-arrival of emails to the registered email address due to incomplete address.
(12) The use of substitute runner and transfer of running right are not allowed. If discovered, participant will be disqualified. Regardless of reason, no compensation or refunds will be given.
(13) The organizer is not responsible for any delay in the application due to a malfunction of the internet line.
(14) Applications may not be accepted depending on the device, operating system, or browser software used by the applicant.
(15) The following information is required: name, gender, date of birth, nationality, address (for sending materials), phone number (contact information during the day), email address, past running experience based on the application type (race name, record, etc.), target time to finish the race, presence/absence of co-runner (explain the reason if present), emergency contact person (phone, name, relationship)
(1) No refunds will be made for any cancellations due to reasons not attributable to the organizer’s responsibility.
(2) The organizer will set up a luggage service. Luggage from half-marathon participants will be transported to the finish venue and returned to the participants afterwards.
(3) The organizer is not responsible for participant’s late arrival due to public transportation, road conditions, etc.
(4) Runners cannot display or wear any design, trademark, etc., that display company name, product name etc., for advertisement purposes at the race venue (including inside the course).
(5) The organizer may consign sales of photos etc. for organizations approved by the organizer.
(6) Runners cannot participate if wearing a costume that will endanger their health or considered so by the organizer.
(7) The organizer will not issue receipts for entry fee, etc. Transfer slip shall be the substitute for receipt.
(8) Participants can go to Mitsui Outlet Park Kisarazu after the surrounding traffic restrictions are canceled (scheduled around 13:30).
(9) In addition to the above, please follow the instructions of the organizer for any matters concerning the race.
|28. Inquiries regarding the race||
Secretariat of Chiba Aqua Line Marathon Executive Committee
Phone: 043-223-4107 / Office hours: Weekdays 9:00 - 17: 00
|Course Map (2D map)||
*In case the Executive Committee decides that the bridge section of the Aqualine cannot be used due to strong wind, etc., shortened races using only ordinary roads will be implemented. Marathon event will be changed to a Three-quarter Marathon (31.646 km), and Half Marathon will be changed to Challenge Run (10.2 km).
*Some parts of the course may be changed due to unforeseen circumstances, such as future changes in road conditions in the future.
|Transportation to the Venue||
Twenty-minute walk from the West Exit of Kisarazu Station on JR Boso Line
<For those using JR train>: Tokyo Station – Kisarazu Station: about 56 minutes by express train or about 76 minutes by semi-express train.
<For those using express bus> Tokyo Station – Kisarazu: about 60 minutes
(*buses run before and after traffic closure time of Tokyo Bay Aqualine)