|1 Race Name||Chiba Aqualine Marathon 2018|
|2 Organizers||Chiba Prefecture, Chiba Prefectural Board of Education|
|3 Planning and Operation||Chiba Aqualine Marathon Planning Committee|
|4 Race Management||Chiba Athletics Association|
|5 Operational Support||Kanto Para Athletics|
|6 Date and Time||
Sunday, October 21, 2018 9:55AM – 4:00PM
|7 Events, Maximum Number of Entrants, Time Limit||
|8 Course *See Course Map||
2) Half-marathon/Wheelchair Half-marathon
*If the bridge section of the Aqualine expressway (Tokyo Wan Aqua-Line expressway) becomes unsafe due to strong winds, unforeseen accidents or natural disasters, all marathon events will adopt the Substitute Course.
1) Those born on or before April 1, 2000 and can complete the marathon within the time limit.
2) Wheelchair Half-marathon participants: Wheelchairs must be race-specification models.
3) Visually-impaired runners who cannot viably run alone may be accompanied by one co-runner (guide) arranged by the participant. Guide dogs may not accompany visually-impaired runners.
|10 Participation Fee||
1) Marathon JPY12,500
2) Half-marathon JPY9,500
3) Wheelchair Half-marathon JPY9,500
(3) Wheelchair Half-marathon
|12 Medal of Completion||
Each participant who completes an event will be awarded a medal of completion.
|13 Timing Certificate||
A certificate listing finishing time will be given to all participants.
|14 Traffic Restriction on Tokyo Bay Aqualine expressway (Tokyo Wan Aqua-Line Expressway)||
8:30-13:30 (5 hours)
|15 Additional Information||
(1) Applications will be accepted online from Friday, April 13 at 12:00PM to Tuesday, May 8 at 5:00PM. Participants will be selected by lottery if there are a large number of applications.
(2) There will be a specific division for the applicants of non-Japanese nationality. Details are located in the Application Guidelines released at the end of February 2018.
*The Application Guidelines and the Participation Guidelines delivered prior to the event will be available in Japanese and English.
(3) The event is subject to cancellation depending on the decision of the organizers due to strong winds, unforeseen accidents or natural disasters.
(4)Cut-off times at each checkpoint, first-aid stations and fluid stations will be set up to ensure the safety of participants.
(5) Participants must follow the instructions of judges and staff during the race.
(6) If the event is cancelled due to reasons beyond the control of the organizers, participation fees will not be refunded.
(7) The organizers are not responsible for lateness due to public transport or traffic conditions.
(8) This race is conducted in compliance with the Japan Association of Athletics Federation regulations and the rules of this event as well as Japanese domestic laws and regulations.
(9) The Application Guidelines will be released separately at the end of February 2018.